In case of death of the deposit holder/s what is the procedure of deposit withdrawal?
If nominee is available: Upon the submission of the following documents by the nominee, payment could be made to the nominee by an A/C payee cheque;
- Original FD certificate
- Certified copy of the death certificate of the depositor or original should be submitted.
- Identification of the Nominee
- Duly completed Affidavit by the nominee (Company format will provide)
- Instruction letter from the nominee
If nominee not available: Any of the family member can withdraw money by submitting the following documents;
- Certified copy of the death certificate of the depositor or original should be submitted
- Original FD Certificate
- Duly completed Affidavit (Company format will provide)
- NIC copy of the Claim Party
- Request letter of Claim party
- Declaration from Grama Sevaka and AGA office, confirming family details
- If married, Marriage certificate of deceased client
- NIC Copies and Birth certificate copies of family members.
- No objection letters in Affidavit format from all parties involved.